How to nail your landing page hero section
Components of your main section
- Course title (bold header): the name of your course which you can change in your Settings.
- Course length: determined automatically based on your start and end dates in your Cohort Settings.
- Course description: a brief description of the main outcome of your course. See below for templates and exemplars.
- Image/video: upload a course image or video. Check out Maven's Brand Toolkit to download a template and design your own image. If you want to upload a video, only Vimeo and YouTube links are supported.
- Call-to-action or "CTA": depending on your settings, this will be an email capture (waitlist mode) or a button saying "Apply" (application required) or "Enroll" (no application). Check out this article on how to adjust your CTA.
Five templates to write your course description
✍️ Template 1: "How to achieve outcomes X, Y, and Z"
- Chris Tweten's How to Pitch Guest Posts
- Philipp Humm's B2B Storytelling
- Emily Kramer's Building B2B Marketing
- Joe Portsmouth's Email Marketing 101 (this is 2-part, but still effective)
✍️ Template 2: "Create/write/get/build/design a tangible output to achieve X result"
- Andy Gupta's Anyone Can Invest Now
- Amanda Natividad's Content Marketing 201
- James McClure's How to Angel Invest 1-10k Checks as a Busy Tech Exec
✍️ Template 3: "Get the proven process/repeatable process/framework/step-by-step/playbook to achieve X result"
- Pete Hancock's Sales Leadership That Delivers Results
- Annie Duke's Make Better Decisions
- Marily Nika's Break into AI Product Management
✍️ Template 4:"A program/workshop/interactive course for X ideal student to learn how to Y"
- Taylor Davidson's How to Model Venture Funds
- Kate Mason's Communicating With Power
✍️ Template 5: "Go from X to Y in # days"
- Amanda Goetz's Startup Marketing Bootcamp
- Brian Feroldi and Brian Stoffel's Financial Statements Explained Simply
Improve your B2B SaaS Website Content & Conversion
Get the most out of your startup's website. Get actionable next steps to make your website perform better—in 4 hours over 2 days.
Uplevel your life through writing online. Get your strategy for audience growth and benefit from the limitless associated opportunities.
Next Chapter Launchpad
For ambitious people who want more mastery, autonomy and purpose from their work
Heroic Online Courses
Learn how to create an online course (the SPI way!) that students will buy, love, and recommend to others.
The 10x Writing Bootcamp
Write the most valuable piece you've ever written — in two weeks — without getting stuck.
Take the website you have today and turn it into a content-rich powerhouse that drives your most exciting business goals.