Learn how to create a marketing strategy, lead an effective team & drive results, from a marketing leader who has helped 50+ startups.
Co-Founder @ MKT1 Capital & Ex Head of Marketing Asana & Carta
Become a more well-rounded marketing leader in 4 weeks.
Heads of marketing at early-stage startups building out or optimizing their initial strategy
Experienced marketing leaders adapting to the downturn & trying to do more with less
Marketing leaders who are experts in one area of marketing and want to get stronger in other areas
Over the past 15 years, I've led marketing teams at Seed to Series E startups with $0 to $100M ARR. I built the marketing teams from scratch at Asana, Carta, Ticketfly (acquired by Eventbrite), and Astro (acquired by Slack). I've been the first marketer 3 times. Since then, I've worked with 50+ startups on marketing strategy.
Leading marketing at a startup is a tough and sometimes lonely job. I've been there personally and coached dozens of marketers 1:1 over the past 2+ years. I've taken what I've learned and designed this course to hopefully make the job a little easier.
This page builder forced me to feature my profile picture twice. I agree, it's a lot.
We'll cover the core content in first 45 mins to 1 hour, stay for full 90 mins for Q&A and additional discussion
You'll also have an opportunity to get to know to chat with other marketing leaders during the course.
• Crash course in setting strategy & hiring across major sub-functions of marketing: PMM, content & community, and growth marketing.
• An improved hiring (full time or contractor) plan
• Updated OKRs beyond just KPI goals
• Brand perceptions & positioning for your startup
• A clear map of your funnel and growth levers
• Understand MKT1’s Fuel-Engine and Pi-shaped marketer concepts
• Master MKT1's Goals-Audience-Creative-Channel (GACC) framework for aligning your team and company
• Uncover blindspots so you can learn and improve your skillset
• Meet marketing leaders at B2B early & growth stage startups—with an emphasis on staying in touch
Growth strategy is not just setting lead goals. We’ll make sure you understand your complete funnel, what levers can drive “step-change” growth, and how to prioritize channels and tactics to grow more efficiently and faster.
Well-rounded marketing leaders understand how to set strategy and hire across product marketing, content & community, and growth marketing. We’ll evolve your strategy (started in the first workshop) and make sure you have frameworks and tools for setting clear marketing plans now and in the future.
I'll host AMAs with guests and with me so you can dive deeper on topics you care about. Topics will be based on a poll of registered students.
We're offering a discount to our first cohort. I don't expect many kinks, but there will surely be some.
Use code COHORT1