The strategies for writing a winning landing page bio
- 🚫 vague: ex-Google
- 👍 specific: 5 years at Google leading global partnerships
- 🚫 vague: Led growth teams
- 👍 specific: Head of Growth at WhatsApp, built growth function from ground up
- 🚫 vague: Startup advisor
- 👍 specific: Advisor to 20+ startups that were acquired
- 🚫 vague: Trainer/coach
- 👍 specific: Trained hundreds of X role on how to get promoted
- 🚫 vague: Product at X company
- 👍 specific: Head of Product at X company with 5m users and $22m in funding
- 🚫 vague: Excluding suffixes
- 👍 specific: Include suffixes like Dr or PhD to convey your credibility in your field
Here are examples of effective instructor intros:
- Marily Nika's Breaking into AI Product Management
- Kate Mason's Communicating with Power
- Joe Portsmouth's Email Marketing 101
- Dave Wolovsky's How to Ask for a Raise
- Rob Lennon's Zero to 10k Twitter Accelerator
An effective bio should include these 4 components
- What you're currently doing
- Relevant professional experience in the field
- Results and outcomes (include numbers)
- Why you've built this course and who it's for
- Emily Kramer's Building B2B Marketing
- Taylor Davidson's Cap Table and Exit Waterfall Masterclass
Show credibility by speaking intelligently about your target students' problems
1. Speak intelligently about your target students' problems
- What are the real day-to-day problems that your ideal student struggles with?
- What are the mistakes you’ve seen others make (or you’ve made)?
- Share how you’ve solved those problems in your own work
- Share how you’ve helped a client or student transform their life or business
- What’s your unique approach to solving this problem?
- What projects did you work on and what were the results? Be specific and use metrics. Did this approach improve retention by 30%? Did these techniques to increase conversion by 20%?
2. Share student transformation stories
3. Share your spiky point of view
- What do you wish more people understood about solving X problem?
- What are mistakes you’ve seen others in your industry make (or that you’ve made)?
- What’s a best practice that everyone seems to believe is right, but you disagree with based on your experience?
4. Use industry-specific language
Uplevel your life through writing online. Get your strategy for audience growth and benefit from the limitless associated opportunities.
The Influential Researcher
Develop the confidence and skills to be seen as a trusted advisor to business leadership—and watch your impact and career grow 🌱
Maven Course Accelerator
Get proven templates, guidance, and feedback to turn your hard-earned knowledge into a premium course.
Impactful Social Writing
Frameworks to embrace your inner badass & write anti-clickbait content that converts on Twitter and LinkedIn. Build authority & earn cash.
Create a Stand Out Resume & LinkedIn a 2 Week Career Sprint
A 2-week sprint to help you stand out in a competitive job market by optimizing your resume and LinkedIn profile
Digital Copywriting Program
Kickstart your copywriting career with Iraqi Innovators! Specially designed for Arabic-speaking beginner writers in Iraq.