To drive growth, focus on increasing desire
- There are lots of products that are free but you don’t want them. For example, thousands of free apps cost nothing but you’re not itching to download.
- People jump through hoops all the time for things they want. And they’re willing to go the extra mile—to pay more, do more work, or try harder to get them.
- When 90% of your marketing strategy is about reducing friction, it’s a race to the bottom. You can only discount so much before you give your product away for free or your business becomes unprofitable.
Instead of only decreasing friction, you should increase desire too.
How to apply this concept to building an online course
- Removing 90% of the backstory and jumping straight into the juicy parts
- Raising the stakes: What bad things could happen if you don't learn this?
- Painting the picture of the problem and aggrandizing the problem
- Showing the results you drove at your job or with clients
- Showing testimonials with recognizable brands/names
- Showing before/after of applying your techniques
- Sharing success stories that show transformation
- Showing your best templates and frameworks
- Freely sharing your best insights on social
New Product Launch and Go to Market Strategy
Target the right buyers for your new product. Reach them through the right channels. Convince them with differentiated positioning messages.
The Fair Price Formula
Uplevel your business by learning the fundamentals of setting prices you believe in - profitable prices that reflect the value delivered.
Make Product Strategy Real with Survival Metrics
Learn how to build metrics that help you pivot with strategy in a fast, data informed, and politically safe way.
Building Impactful Products
Learn the customer-obsessed prioritization strategy to go from building features that flop to real business results in just 2 weeks.
Understanding your Customers - Product Discovery Fundamentals
Understand your customers' pain points and iterate on your early-stage idea or prototype to create products people love. ❤️
Brand Positioning & Messaging for B2B & SaaS
Learn how to develop brand positioning that reduces sales cycles, boosts conversion rates, and drives higher leads and sales.