Emily Kramer: From Carta's VP of Marketing to thriving solopreneur
"The course is a way to bring my newsletter and community to life."
"When you’re a team of one, you don't know if you're doing it right. So meeting other people in the same spot as you can help you become more confident.”
Key lessons from Emily’s experience:
- Build up knowledge that’s valued in the market. This gives you options on how to monetize. It’s good to be in demand.
- Scale your impact. Emily found that 1:1 consulting was rewarding, but not scalable. Through her cohort-based course, she can now help hundreds of B2B marketers.
- A course business gives you freedom, but it’s not a silver bullet. You get to choose how often you want to teach, how many students you want, and whether you want to earn $50k/year or $500k/year. But anything of value takes effort to build.
- Even the most talented people feel self-conscious about sharing their work. Emily has grown her following to 20,000 on LinkedIn–and she’s still shocked that people want to hear what she has to say. That’s normal. If you want to become a solopreneur, you have to get used to sharing your work.
- It’s not harder, it’s different. If you’re savvy enough to get hired, get promoted, improve your craft, manage people, and drive results, you’re likely a pretty competent operator. Those skills are transferable. Running a solo business is not harder than working in-house. It’s different. And most importantly, it requires betting on yourself.
The Exceptional Communicator
Learn how to pitch and persuade by being the best version of yourself
Brand Marketing in 2023 Crash Course
Go from 0 to $1m with less. Designed for founders and marketers at early-stage companies or those looking for brand marketing best practices
The Lonely Marketer's Guide to Startup Growth
It's your job to grow the business. Learn how to do it strategically and efficiently - without burning yourself out.
Communicating with Power
A world-class program designed for women to deliver your message with authority and present your most persuasive self.
Building Relationships That Last A Career And Start With An Email
From an email introduction through the rest of your career.
Email Marketing 101
Learn how to convert leads and win lifelong customers with automated email marketing.