4 ways to identify the perfect student for your course
"An audience is a single group of people that share the specific problem your [course] solves. Why does this matter? Because the key...is actually narrowing your audience down as much as possible to only the people your [course] is intended to help." —Tucker Max, author and founder of Scribe Media
1. What's the "vibe" of your ideal student?
- What does your ideal student call themselves (e.g., title, role, identity)?
- What do they care about?
- What communities are they a part of?
- Who do they aspire to be like in their industry?
2. What pain points are they facing today?
- What is your ideal student sick of?
- What are they losing sleep over?
- What are they frustrated by?
3. Where do they want to be?
- What does your ideal student secretly wish they could change about their life or work?
- What do they dream about for their life or work?
- What do they want to be different about their life or work?
4. Who is it NOT for?
- What are the roles/titles/levels in your industry your course is not a fit for?
- What are the pain points that your course won't address?
- What are the desired outcomes that are out of scope?
Build Better Products With Customer Insights
The best products are not the ones with the most features, but the ones that deliver the most value.
Optimizing New Product Marketing for Product-Market Fit in B2B software or tech
Target the right buyers for your new product. Reach them through the right channels. Convince them with differentiated positioning messages.
Create unique positioning for your product
Master a process of defining your audience, evaluating your market and building competitive product.
Startup Brand Strategy
What every early stage company needs to know about purpose, position, and personality to build the foundation for a distinctive brand.
Understanding your Customers - Product Discovery Fundamentals
Understand your customers' pain points and iterate on your early-stage idea or prototype to create products people love. ❤️
Creative Problem-Solving Accelerator
Uncover your hidden creative problem-solving preferences. Then get the tools to do it better.