Maven Insights: What top-rated courses have in common
1. Top-rated courses have a more robust syllabus.
- Add reading or videos as pre-work ahead of live sessions.
- Turn recordings into videos to replace lectures with interactive Q&A and exercises in live sessions.
- Include bonus resources for students that want to go the extra mile.
2. Top-rated courses are more project-driven.
- Create 1 project per module for your course even if it’s a small action. Here’s a brief guide on how to create projects in Maven.
- Encourage students to share their project in the #share-your-work channel (this happens automatically through Maven’s portal) and be sure to give feedback.
- Host office hours and working time for students to share their work and ask questions about projects.
3. Top-rated courses have more active communities.
- Invite students to ask questions and give peer feedback in the community.
- Create private DM chat groups to form accountability groups.
- Give students a light discussion prompt after live sessions.
- Respond to student questions and tag other students that might find it relevant.
Build Better Products With Customer Insights
The best products are not the ones with the most features, but the ones that deliver the most value.
Startup Product Thinking
Learn the secrets of using your limited resources effectively in the early stages and apply them today
Create a system to keep documentation in use and updated
If it's not used, it's not useful! Set up routines and responsibilities to enable yourself and your team to use and update documentation.
Leading Projects Forward
Imagine having confidence in transforming a chaotic project into a streamlined masterpiece, turning setbacks into stepping stones, in 1 day.
Maven Course Accelerator
Get proven templates, guidance, and feedback to turn your hard-earned knowledge into a premium course.
Next Chapter Launchpad
For ambitious people who want more mastery, autonomy and purpose from their work