Engage your students with projects
- Projects in your cohort based course ensure students leave with a meaningful artifact.
- Projects help students demonstrate and solidify their learnings.
- The Maven syllabus houses all your course projects and student submissions.
- Students can automatically share projects to the entire cohort community for peer feedback.
What are projects?
- Reflection: Students respond to an open-ended question to facilitate deeper thinking. They could write their response, share it in the community, or record a video.
- Step by step: Students solve a problem using a framework or template. This is great for reinforcing a framework or guiding students through a complicated process.
- Practice: Students repeat a skill to master it. This is useful for skills that benefit from repetition until you hit a certain threshold for mastery like: kicking a soccer ball 100x, practicing your scales on the piano, or typing until you hit a words-per-minute goal.
- Create: Students put their learning into practice, connect it to their work or life, and develop an original work. For example, if you were teaching a data visualization with Tableau course, you might ask your students to create a Tableau dashboard using publicly available datasets.
- Present: Students showcase their work. Students can present in live sessions (e.g., 'Demo Day') or via recorded videos posted to the community.
- Create project prompts
- Track student work
- Facilitate peer feedback
- Give personalized feedback
Review student projects
💪 Share Your Workto respond to their post in the community. Because student can share their work publicly, you can easily facilitate peer feedback by encouraging them to comment on each others' work.
What students see
How to write a clear process anyone can follow
Create documentation so you can easily hire, train, and repeat work efficiently to reduce stress and achieve your business growth goals.
Design Your First Cohort Based Course
CBCs are transforming online education. Apply proven tactics from experts in the CBC domain to improve student outcomes and scale revenue.
Create a system to keep documentation in use and updated
If it's not used, it's not useful! Set up routines and responsibilities to enable yourself and your team to use and update documentation.
Project MGMT Accelerator
The most practical PM training available. Proven methods to overcome challenges that cause 90% of projects to fail, without trial and error.
Maven Course Accelerator
Get proven templates, guidance, and feedback to turn your hard-earned knowledge into a premium course.
Three weeks focused on the strategies and mental models to build successful products